18 July 2022
Once More it’s time to count wild turkeys ( Meleagris gallopavo) in Pennsylvania.
Each year the Video game Compensation carries out a statewide Wild Turkey Discovery Study, July 1 to August 31, to gather information on the dimension and also make-up of our wild turkey populace.
They request for the general public’s assistance to report what we see on the Turkey Brood Study internet site It’s quite simple.
- The study ranges from July 1 to August 31.
- Count the turkeys you see and also utilize the Study web page to go into the information
- Document the place where you see them.
- Matter “huge” versus “little” birds– grown-up vs adolescent.
- Document the sex for all grownups, preferably. (Speak with the Wild Turkey Poster)
- Do not dual matter. See the Study web page for even more information on this.
- Offer some fundamental get in touch with information in situation PGC has inquiries.
Right here are 2 images to provide you exercise checking: (1) “Huge” and also “Little” birds, and also (2) Count the group.
The number of did you count?
Obtain outdoors with the Wild Turkey Discovery Study
p.s. I are afraid there will certainly be a low/zero matter of turkeys in the city. They made use of to be abundant in Frick and also Schenley Parks yet not any longer. I do not understand why.
( images from Wikimedia Commons; click the subtitles to see the originals)